Drug delivery and Biomaterials
Advancement of fundamental understanding of transport processes in biological systems and development of new materials and technologies for diagnosis and treatment of various ailments including diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and infectious diseases.
- Development of novel technologies including the use of chemical enhancers, microjets, ultrasound, ionic liquids and peptides to enable transdermal delivery of proteins, peptides and siRNA
- Development of novel mucoadhesive polymer devices to enable oral delivery of proteins
- Development of particles of unique morphologies and demonstration of their advantages for targeted drug delivery
- Development of cell-based methods for nanoparticle delivery
- Development of synthetic platelet and red blood cell-mimetic particles