Graduate Program in Management Practice
For highly motivated graduate students across the UC Santa Barbara campus seeking a structured and diploma-enhancing business education, the Technology Management Program offers a UC-wide recognized graduate certificate. The Graduate Program in Management Practice (GPMP) is open to UC Santa Barbara master's degree students and Ph.D. candidates from any major. This program provides a path for innovative and dedicated students to gain in-depth understanding of cutting-edge entrepreneurial and business practices in global-technology based companies.
Students are expected to complete 18 units in GPMP. The progression of classes emphasizes first the business FOUNDATION needed in a business/entrepreneurial environment. Second, a student selects one of two emphases, entrepreneurial or corporate, focusing on the CONTEXT of her or his career expectations beyond college. Finally, the GPMP certificate requires a meaningful experience putting these ideas into PRACTICE, where students choose one of the following: an Internship or participation in the New Venture Competition.
- TMP 240 Business Strategy & Leadership (4 units)
- TMP 241 Managing Innovation (4 units)
- TMP 244 Entrepreneurial Marketing (3 units)
- TMP 246 New Venture Finance (3 units)
- TMP 242 Entrepreneurship (4 units) OR TMP 255 New Product Development (4 units)
How to Apply for GPMP
- Download and submit the GPMP enrollment form to TMP office, Phelps 2219.
- Complete the Graduate Student Petition form - "Add" Graduate Program in Management Practice
- Obtain signatures from your department's graduate advisor (not your personal advisor) or chair and also from the GPMP Director at the TMP Office, Phelps 2219.
- Take the completed petition form and pay filing fee receipt to the Graduate Division office and keep a copy for your records.
- There is no additional cost to graduate students to obtain the GPMP UC-wide recognized graduate certificate.