Temporary Teaching Positions in Technology Management
The Technology Management Program at the University of California, Santa Barbara offers courses focusing on the challenges of technology commercialization, is one of six academic units in the College of Engineering, and invites applications for a pool of qualified temporary part-time lecturers to help meet rapidly growing student demand for its undergraduate and graduate programs. Screening of applicants is ongoing and will continue as needed. Our popular courses are taught year around and the number of positions varies from quarter to quarter, depending on the needs of the department.
Our primary demands are in the following subject areas:
- Basic Finance and Accounting
- Marketing and Sales
- Managing Technical People and Technology Organizations
- Technology Commercialization
- Corporate and Business Strategy and Planning
- New Product Development
Lecturer appointments will range from one quarter to one year with the possibility of reappointment dependent upon performance and departmental needs.
Terms and conditions of employment are subject to UC policy and any appropriate collective bargaining agreement. The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching and service as appropriate to the position.
- Basic qualifications (required at time of application):
- Applicants should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree at time of application
- Preferred qualifications:
- A relevant Master’s and/or Ph.D and ideally at least one year one of teaching experience would be preferred
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - These statements are meant to provide insight into past teaching experience, teaching methods, experience teaching in various settings (in person vs Zoom), and to get a general idea about your teaching background.
3-5 required (contact information only)
Apply link: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF02101
Help contact: Click here to show mail address
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy
https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees must (a) provide proof of receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 Vaccine no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment and provide proof of Full Vaccination no later than eight weeks after their first date of employment; or (b) if applicable, submit a request for Exception or Deferral no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Santa Barbara, CA