Admissions Material Requirements:
- Statement of Purpose
- Statement of Personal Achievements
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Exam Scores
- Three Letters of Recommendation
UCSB Graduate Division requires a Statement of Purpose and Statement of Personal Achievements/Contributions. Applicants may not combine the Statement of Purpose and Personal Achievements/Contributions into one statement or document; they must be submitted separately.
The UCSB Graduate Division provides their own prompts, however, feel free to answer the following questions in addition to the ones provided by Graduate Division:
Statement of Purpose (750-1000 words, double-spaced, 12-pt. font) Please consider the following when writing your statements:
- Why are you interested in graduate professional education at UCSB, specifically MTM?
- What is your interest in technology and/or innovation?
- What are some examples of your academic or extracurricular achievements and how do they relate to technology innovation or strategy?
- What previous experiences do you have and how have they helped you come to realize that MTM is a good fit?
- How will MTM prepare you to enter a career path you are interested in? What is your objective after MTM?
- Are there any other factors that you wish to be taken into consideration?
Personal Achievements/Contributions (750-1000 words, double-spaced, 12-pt. font)
In your Personal Achievements/Contributions, we would like you to describe any interesting situations or experiences that you have encountered throughout your life and how you have or are attempting to overcome them. These include but are not limited to the following:
- In what ways do you believe today’s developing technology could be propelled by your own contributions?
- What does diversity and inclusion mean to you? What does it mean to you within the technology industry?
- How have your goals and/or ambitions been impacted by technology innovation?
- Have you had to overcome or are overcoming any adversities? Has this affected your decision to pursue a graduate degree?
- How have you contributed to teams you have been on? Have you ever experienced a leadership position?
- What do you intend to do with an MTM? Will MTM provide you with additional skills to pursue your future career?
Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
Please consider the following when crafting your Resume or CV:
- Education: list all of the universities you attended and degrees you obtained.
- Previous work experience: job responsibilities, technical skills, etc.
- Your extracurricular activities. Tell us of any extracurricular activities in which you have been involved in during college and beyond, either full- or part-time.
- Please send all official exam scores to UCSB Graduate Division using institution code: 4835.
- Make sure to send scores to Graduate Division, and not an Undergraduate Institution. Scores need only be sent to Graduate Division and not a specific department/program.
- You must self-report scores, test date, and registration number in the online application for all exams. If left blank your scores will be considered missing and you will not receive your admissions decision until scores appear as "official" in the online application.
- MTM requires either official GRE or GMAT scores for admission. The test must have been taken within the last five years to be considered valid.
- Work experience will not be taken in lieu of official exam scores.
- There is no minimum score requirement for the GRE or GMAT.
TOEFL/IELTS (if applicable)
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
- Applicants who have or will have completed a degree equivalent to a U. S. undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution whose sole language of instruction of English.
- Minimum scores for admission to MTM:
|Interet-based TOEFL||Paper-based TOEFL||IELTS|
|Minimum Score||80||550||7 overall band-score|
Letters of Recommendation
- At least one letter must be from an academic reference. The other two may be from professional references.
- Recommender requests are made within the online application. Once you list a recommender, they will be send a link to complete their evaluation and submit their letter.
- Please make sure that your recommenders submit their recommendation prior to the deadline for which you are applying.
- If possible, recommenders should submit their letters on official letterheads. If your recommender has issues with the online system, please have them contact MTM directly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcripts are only required from insitutions which you have completed at least one full term of coursework (12+ units/credits). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for review, but official transcripts are required by Graduate Division upon admission.
- For applicants still enrolled in an undergraduate degree, transcripts with 'In Progress' or 'Planned' will be accepted. Upon admission to MTM, all official transcripts must be final.
- If you are a UCSB graduate, you will need to submit unofficial transcripts for review, but do not need to submit final, official transcripts.
- For international applicants, please report your GPA on the scale reflected on your transcript. MTM will calculate your GPA internally.
Submitting your Application
- To be considered for admission, you must complete the UCSB Graduate Division's online application. A full explanation of the UCSB Graduate Division's application process is located here.
- Only applications in paid status will be reviewed. Applicants must be in paid status by the deadline for which they are applying in order to be considered.
- The application fee is $120 for U. S. citizens and $140 for international applicants. Fee waivers are available to domestic students who qualify via Graduate Division.
- All materials submitted must be "Locked" within the online application. Unlocked items will not be reviewed.